Sunday, February 5, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

It's my birthday shout Hooray!  Okay, well my birthday was a few days ago and it was a good celebration. What am I saying?? It was a GREAT celebration. It's safe to say that I partied. All week long.And it was wonderful. Birthday weeks. That is what I believe in. And when Xander is older, he will have birthday weeks. and he will LOVE them!

My favorite day was Thursday. I hadn't been feeling well at ALL  Wednesday, it had been one of those days... you know, where the sweet baby isn't feeling well for some reason and is just crying and crying, the kitchen was a mess, Hurricane Laundry had hit my living room, and the lack of sleep was catching up to me. When Husband got home from work I was so happy I could just KISS him. So I did. Then we started talking about what we were going to do that afternoon and  I was reminded he had a meeting at church from 7-9 that evening and all the relief I had felt when we walked in the door left as quickly as it came. I wanted to just sit down and cry. But I didn't, I kept telling myself we were gonna be blessed for serving... I'll leave it at that.
He went to his meeting and I SURVIVED. I gave baby Xander a bath-FED him- and started rocking him to sleep. As I was rocking him to sleep I wondered how I was going to make it through the next day. I prayed to Heavenly Father for help and I felt that everything was gonna be alright. I would be okay. I realized that  being a momma isn't always easy, but it's DEFINITELY worth it. So I went to bed and he slept like a CHAMP. Woke up at six and realized hubs was still in bed... so then I freaked out inside and told him how late he was to work, and the next words out of his mouth felt like a million bucks. " I'm staying home today." Whhaaaat? I thought I heard wrong. In fact I did hear wrong. I though he said he was staying because he was sick. What he really did say was that he was staying home because I was sick. What a SWEETHEART. So he made a bottle, I fed baby and Baby and I fell asleep for a couple more hours and when I woke up, I got the best present ever. The house was spotless and laundry was folded. And angels were singing in the back of my head "Hallelujah!"

1 comment:

  1. and one day i want one of those husbands that you have. because then when i'm sick he'll play with max and clean my house, heck he'll give me a house. love this!! and love you two!!

    ReplyDelete